Original Poem #1: A dark city with beautiful lights
That's how I see my wonderful city
The lights sparkled less
Don't you know what I'm talking about
She was the light to this wonderful city
When she became alone and isolated
The city was no longer wonderful
The city was no longer filled with beautiful lights
Reflection: This poem was based on the book " 13 Reasons Why " by Jay Asher. In the book Hannah Baker decides to take her life, in my poem the lights represents Hannah. The literary devices incorporated were symbols and metaphors.
Original Poem #2: The big stars shine
While the sky stays dark
The town is always deserted
Though the town never sleeps
It is always filled with stars
It even fills reflects ocean
The town never misses the beautiful yellow stars
Reflection: This poem was based off Vincent Van Gogh's painting called " The Starry Night ". The yellow stars in the painting were incorporated in my poem. The literary devices I used was a Allusion.
Sonnet: In am
distressed as my heart lonely dries
The baby was born in the
hospital
Madness roars across the room
as she cries
The mom was wrong she was not
logical
The dad was not there, it was
hard for her
It was hard to raise her with
one parent
Yet they still made it work without
the sir
They did not need him, he was
transparent
All the crying and failure
was worth it
Because at the end they had
each other
The mom grew older, the girl
gave a fit
The girl was even aging with
her mother
The girl was turning into a
woman
The old mother was proud at
that human
Reflection: I wanted this sonnet to have a meaning to it and this sonnet is a problem that many people face today. I have friends and family members that grew up/are growing up with no fathers/mothers and this inspired me to pick the topic for my sonnet. The literary device I used was a shakespearean sonnet and speaker.
Heart Poem:
One of my favorite poems from the packet is called " Another Sonnet for Stephan " by Alvin Lester Sitomer. I love how the narrator portrays the life of a boy until he eventually dies as an old man.
One of my favorite poems from the packet is called " Another Sonnet for Stephan " by Alvin Lester Sitomer. I love how the narrator portrays the life of a boy until he eventually dies as an old man.
The sonnet portrays a four or five year old named Stephan until he's an old man.Throughout the sonnet it shows that the narrator had a close and long relationship with Stephan. For example in lines 2 "Whose face lights up whenever we would play", this indicates that they would play together when they were younger. Then in line 5 "I see a college youth who goes to Penn" it shows that the "little boy" has grown up and is now in college. Then in lines 10 "Creating business plans and paths to wealth" it indicates that he is now a man that has a job and he's wealthy. However, in line 11 "While fighting back attackers of his health" shows that he is really sick and his health is in danger, he might have cancer. Finally the narrator writes "The boy,the youth,the man are each now gone,/Except that in my heart they linger on." (lines 12 and 13). Those lines shows that even though Stephan has grown up and died, the narrator will always remember him.
I love this sonnet because it's different and it's something I've never read before. This sonnet made me feel like I knew Stephan because of the way the writer described him. It made me appreciate the people I love in my life because one day they can be gone like Stephan.
No comments:
Post a Comment